I haven't blogged since July 1. It is now almost the middle of September. Crazy! I am sure you have all been waiting with bated breath for my next post.
Well, sorry to disappoint. I haven't had a lot to blog about. I'll give you a little update about each of us.
Joel started his crazy hours of his first year. Actually, I have heard for his program, that second year will be worse. Oh, joy. Joel typically works Monday-Friday 6:30-5 and either Saturday or Sunday. Every fourth night he is on-call, which means he has to work until 9:00pm. This year he will still be switching to different areas in medicine. He has done family practice and cardiology. This month he is on pulmonology (lungs). Coming up: internal medicine, radiology, infectious disease, and more. Fortunately, Joel will have three weeks off throughout the year. He can take a week off during his elective rotations. We have plans to go to Washington DC in November, when he is doing radiology. Although the hours are crazy, I am so thankful to say that Joel loves what he is doing while he is at the hospital.
I am still doing some grant writing work for two non-profits. It goes in waves with busyness. I have started taking Kyper to a daycare two mornings a week, so I can dedicate time to my work. I just can't concentrate with a two year old running around me all day. I am looking forward to getting into more of a routine now that Fall is here. None of us are in school, but all the programs I am involved in take a break during the summer. So, Monday and Tuesday mornings are my work times. Wednesday morning I will be going to coffee break. I am actually a leader this year and am looking forward to really digging into the book of Luke and going through it with some great women. Thursday is my off day. The public library has a story hour, so I plan on taking Kyper there. They have a story hour specific to 2-3 year olds, so I am glad for that. Thursday nights I am taking a Aqua Zumba class with a friend. I think it will be a lot of fun and a good way to get active. Every other Friday I have MOPS. So, I am keeping Kyper and I busy while Joel has long hours at work. The afternoons are dedicated to naps and work around the house or any other work I need to get done. :) I am also still helping with our church's middle school group, which meet the first three Sundays in the month. I love it and am excited to see what the new year will bring.
Kyper is growing up. What more can I say! I think he is pretty much your typical two year old. He is getting more independent and likes to say "me" when he wants to do something himself. So, some days you have to remind yourself they are a blessing. He is learning new words like crazy and is quite the jabberer while at home and once he warms up in new places. He can be shy if he wants to. He seems to enjoy the daycare mornings. I think it will do him good, by socializing with other kids. He is starting to recognize that people have names and he is starting to remember them. It is so cute to hear him say his cousins' names. He especially hooked onto Sydney's name and whenever we say cousin, he says "ydnee". I think we made progress with the other names this weekend, since Kyper and I were in West Michigan and got to spend some time with all his cousins. What else is new with the Kyperman? He loves animals, especially owls right now. I think it is because of two library books we got out last time. At the moment, he is playing nicely in his room. He woke up from his nap and just started playing with his toys in his room. Lovely! He is truly a blessing in my life even on days he is driving me crazy. His sweet smile and hello can make the worst day amazing.
I do plan on doing one or two more posts on the house tour. But, I need to clean the rooms that I haven't shown on my blog yet. (I have to put clean laundry away in our bedroom and I want to make my basement a little more presentable before I take pictures.)
Sorry for the lack of pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hooray for schedules! sounds like you have made yourself a nice one! I love the routine a school year brings. It was very strange for me the year I wasn't working in a school and the start of this year. I am starting to see Logan's routines and patterns too by being home.
Post a Comment