Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Bringing in 2011

We were still on the West side of the state to celebrate the new year.  We had a relaxing dinner with friends--Elizabeth and Kort.  We made pizza while Mady and Kyper played.  Mady and Kyper are about 10 days apart.  We joke that someday when or if we move back to the west side Mady will be Kyper's first friend on that side of the state.  See, Elizabeth's parents knew Joel's parents before they moved to Holland.  So, when they finally did move to Holland Joel was Elizabeth's first friend.  I wouldn't mind repeating that history.  We love the Nylands. 

After dinner, the kids played a little longer and then were put to bed.  Have I told you how blessed I am?!  Kyper goes down so easily anywhere we are.  I think it would be different if mom or dad didn't put him down, but as long as something is similar he does not have a problem falling asleep. 

After putting the kids to bed, Elizabeth and I joined the guys downstairs.  They had been playing video games.  I noticed they had Mr. Bean episodes on DVD and mentioned it to Joel.  We all laughed remembering watching them on PBS.  So, we proceeded to watch 3 of them including the New Year's one.  We were all falling asleep and Kort needed to work early the next morning, so the party ended at about 10/10:30.

We headed back to Joel's parents and put Kyper back down in his room there.  Although, I was tired enough to go to bed.  We ended up staying up with Joel's dad, his brother and sister-in-law (Aren and Leah) to watch the ball drop.  We went to bed shortly after.  Aren and Leah went to a party that ended early too.  It was nice to have a really relaxing New Year's Eve.  Joel, Aren, and his dad ended up finding a Dukes of Hazard re-run, so they watched until right before the ball dropped.

New Year's Day Kyper and I went to my parents in the afternoon.  The men watched football.  The kids played and the women played cards. :)  I have a funny story about Kyper but I think I will dedicate a whole post to it.  Joel actually went to the beach with his brother and sister-in-law that afternoon.  In the evening we were able to see our friends Tim and Tricia.

We headed back to the east side on Sunday and had a relaxing day at home before Joel had to start a new family practice rotation.

There you have it.  That is how the Phillips ring in a new year.  Sorry for lack of pictures.

No comments: