Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Good Weekend

I had a very good weekend.  Sorry, no pictures.  Why not?  Well, it was a weekend at home doing ordinary stuff.  You know, cleaning, knitting, and just hanging out with people I love.

Friday night, I was finally able to go to the monthly craft night at my church.  I got some knitting done.  I might have to pick it up at home here while Kyper is napping today.  It is a good winter activity for me and guess what?  It is snowing and it looks like we are finally going to get some accumulation.

Saturday, Joel and I cleaned the house while entertaining Kyper--hard task, but we some how accomplished it.  Then in the afternoon, my lovely husband took me for an early Christmas gift.  He arranged our neighbor to come over and watch Kyper, so he could take me to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  It was really good.  I love the Chronicles of Narnia.  I knew it was coming out sometime this year, so I re-read the book this summer.  The movie did very well with sticking to the message of the book.  They covered all the main events in the book--maybe not in the same order.  But, like I said the message stayed the same.  Go Hollywood.  I really hope they continue making this series.  We don't go to movies very often, but I urge you to go to this one, so it will make money and they can continue producing the series.  I own the Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe, Prince Caspian is on my Christmas list and now The Voyage of the Dawn Treader will be added to my list.  I plan on reading the series to my children and then some day they can watch the movie series.  (There are a few scary parts for kids in my opinion, so they do need to be old enough to handle those parts before they can see the movie.)

After we got back from the movie, we waited for our crock pot dinner to get done and then enjoyed dinner with some friends from church.  We had been trying forever to have Kevin and Jen over, but we have been gone a lot this fall and Kevin is often gone due to his work.  So, we finally connected.  We tried a pork tenderloin recipe and it was delicious.  It was pork tenderloin, apple jelly, apples and onions in the crock pot.  Probably some other ingredients, but Joel actually did the preparing so I don't know what they are.  We had thought about watching a movie with them or playing games, but ended up just chatting the whole night.  It was good to host friends.  I determined that it was the first time hosting church friends since we moved back.

Then this morning we woke up to snow falling.  It looks really slushy on the roads and is suppose to get icy later today.  Joel wasn't feeling well, so he wasn't going to go to church.  And, since church is a half hour drive in good weather, we decided not to risk it and stayed home.  I am bummed about this though--it was the children's program, which is always fun to see.  Oh well, better safe than sorry.

Like I said--it was a good weekend.  Maybe, we'll have to bundle Kyper up later this afternoon and see what he thinks of the snow this year.  (That is if he keeps his mittens on.)

P.S.  Aren and Leah, if this is a good blog post then a 4 am police stand off that has a police helicopter over your apartment and the highway closed down is a good blog post.

1 comment:

Cohrs Compilations said...

Kyper looks so big now playing with his truck! We saw voyage of the Dawn Treader this weekend also and I was happy with it. Now to read the book! It just didn't happen this semester with finishing my Masters.