On September 30, 2001 Joel took me on a very fun date. I had to go all over Calvin's campus and picked up roses on each stop and then he took me out for dinner. It had been one year since we started dating. We walked along the Grand River after dinner and he gave me a very nice heart locket. It was so pretty and nice.
But, then years later I lost it. I think I lost it on or around April 28, 2007--JP and Katie's wedding weekend. The last time I remember having it was at their wedding in Washington DC. I thought it was gone for good and this made me sad. I also was afraid to tell Joel that I lost it, because it was sentimental to both of us. Well, I finally did after several months, because I wanted to make sure it was really gone. He was disappointed like I was, but we knew it was only a necklace.
Well, a within the last two years, Joel ended up getting me another heart locket for one of my birthdays or Christmases. (I can't remember when.) That one was also very pretty and I was thankful for a replacement necklace.
But then, sometime after July 14, 2009 and before July 17, 2009, I lost the second necklace too. (Although, I have a feeling it may still be somewhere in AM's house in Iowa.) I know I had it when Kyper was born, because I remember that and there are pictures of me wearing it. I was sad, and again I didn't really want to tell Joel. I felt bad. But, I did after a couple months and he was disappointed but also kind of laughed at my forgetfulness.
On Dec. 16, 2009 Joel was very kind and retrieved my suitcase from the attic. I had used this suitcase when we went to JP and Katie's wedding. Lo and Behold when I opened it up the first necklace was hanging on the inside of the suitcase!! I was so excited and there was much rejoicing on my part and Joel's. (It is kind of funny though, because I know we had packed clothes in this during our several moves during the last four years.) I am glad I found the first one, because it holds more sentimental value than the second one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So happy you found it! That kind of stuff just makes your day. If you used that suitcase many times since, maybe God was just giving you a nice little surprise miracle! I have lost my Michael W. Smith Christmas CD for like the third time! When I find it I am burning myself a copy because it's my favorite!
Dude! The rose thing?! I was SO in on that :) ......
Post a Comment