So, we picked Kyper up and headed north. Kyper did amazing on the ride up and slept the whole way. We didn't wake him up since it was 12:30 when we got there. He did very well that night. On Saturday we were joined by my brother Jeff and his girlfriend Jen, my brother David and his family, and my parents. It was a very nice day at the cottage! The weather was perfect and I was so happy to be able to take Kyper to one of my favorite places in the world! It was also nice to spend a whole day with some of my family. Here are some pictures of the day. (Note: they are not in chronological order).
Peyton's best friend is Kyper. She loves him and can't stop talking about him. Joy told me that she now has a baby Kyper doll at home and she just takes him everywhere! She asked Joy if baby Kyper was at Grandpa and Grandma's the other day because she missed him.

There is a swamp behind the cottage. (Yes, Joel this is in the back of the cottage! Joel and I argue over what is the back and what is the front of the cottage. I claim the lakeside is the front. Joel claims that the road and driveway is the front. Who do you agree with?)
Peyton really wanted to hold Kyper, so with her mom's help we made it happen. (Want to know something funny: Peyton is wearing her favorite outfit--pajamas, particularly these ones. She loves them so much she will wear them everywhere and in any type of weather. They actually don't even fit her anymore. The feet needed to be cut off, so she could still fit into them. I love my niece!)
Needless to say--we had a wonderful time up north. It was so much fun. Big Star Lake is my favorite place in the world due to all the memories I have from going there every summer as a child. (I don't think I have missed a summer yet!)I hope that Kyper will get to love Big Star Lake just as much as I do and that we can take him there for years to come.

5 comments:
Great pictures. Looks like a lot of fun! We're heading to Big Star on Friday for a week. Looking forward to making many great memories, too! Oh, and I think you're right... the front of the cottage is the lake side! :)
He's really filling out!!! Ya'll look so great! Glad you had a good time with the family.
Oh, and your home looks fatastic too.
If the cottage is on a lake, then the lake side is the front.
such good memories! i'm sorry, but i have to agree with Joel..Dave and I have the same arguement! :) ps. Peyton still sleeps with "Kyper" everynight, even though he takes up 1/2 of her bed! She yelled at Dave for sitting on "Kyper" the other night on the couch. :) take care!
Finally getting caught up on blog reading and was delighted to read about the past few weeks for you guys. I have missed you! I am so glad that things are settling in, Kyper is growing strong and doing well and to see your joy shining through it all!
Well, I still wish you were here, but praying for awesome memories and experiences to continue in Detroit!
Love ya,
Monique
Post a Comment