I know I haven't posted in a long time. I hope to put up new pictures this weekend and let you know all about my trip to MI over Memorial Day weekend. Right now, I just need to list for myself what I need to do in the next few weeks to get ready!
We have so much to get ready for: leaving a job, moving, and having a baby!
I need to find a pediatrician for Blueberry and a ob for me in Detroit. Any good recommendations from readers in that area? This is a very difficult thing for me to do, not because I don't know how. I know I should call different doctors up and interview them--especially the pediatrician. Here's the deal though, since I am leaving my work my insurance is going to change. I am thinking of applying for medicaid or MI child to save us some money. But, I don't know when I can do that since I am working yet and not in MI. So, what do I ask and tell doctors about our insurance?
Here is something small that I need to do: register our cars in MI. Now, our tags in IA expire in June, but we have until July 31 to put new tags on them. I don't want to pay for tags in IA and then pay to register our cars in MI. So, I just need to look up the Sectary of State and see if I can register for MI plates while still in IA. We do have an address in MI now, but since we aren't getting there until the end of July I need plates and tags sent to us in IA. Oh, the little things it takes to move.
I also need to clean the house we are house-sitting for. This couple has a ton of knick knacks, so cleaning will not be fun. I also want to put some things back that we put away for when they come back for a month in July.
I need to organize the things we have in this house to see what can be packed and what can't be. I need to separate out baby things that we will need for a week before we move and pack the rest away.
I need to sit down and look at our budget, especially look at what is going to be the best budget for us in the first few months we are in Detroit since I won't be working.
I need to start making some contacts about a job in Detroit. With that I need to evaluate what I want to do when I do go back to work. (I am thinking that being a consultant for non-profits would be awesome...help with program development and grant writing. Basically this would be a form of self-employment.)
I need to figure out what is happening with family around the birth of our baby and moving.
I need to take prenatal classes.
Wow, I know there are other little things. This isn't so much to say I am really busy, but I feel like I need to write this list somewhere so these items get marked off and done. The hardest things with some of these is that I don't know when some of these are very dependent on when the baby comes and that I can't just plan for. I like planning, although I know ultimately that my plan is not the right way. I have to trust God and know that in his time I will get these items done and he will provide for us.
Ok, I need to check if my ride for knitting club has come. Hurray for knitting club! It is a great time to make progress on my scarf and relax. I'll try not to think of what I need to do tonight and just enjoy socializing and knitting with friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hey julie! this is kricket (hoekstra) from high school. i was on amanda & cameron's blog and randomly found yours, and noticed that you are looking for an ob in the detroit area?! i live in ferndale, just outside of detroit and i LOVE my ob/gyn. it's actually in royal oak- don't know how close that will be for you- but it's called women first ob gyn center and all of their doctors are amazing. 248-584-7600 is their number. feel free to email/facebook me if you have any questions and good luck on your move!
It'll all work out. God has his to do list and he'll take care of yours. Since your plates don't expire until the end of July in Iowa, it's not like you will be driving on expired plates in MI in June or July. I would just go to the Secretary of State in MI once you move there and take care of it then because they'll mess up where to send it to and it's too complicated. I am learning a lot about not worrying and God's plans lately in the Bible Study by Beth Moore on Esther. If you ever get a chance to take it-I bet you would love it! I wish I could come help you pack or something! When do you move? mid June? beginning of July? Do you have a place now? I'd just be honest with the Dr.'s you are trying to interview about where your health insurance stands and don't be afraid to do the MI child. Is your husbands position considered employment? I think where my mom goes for her Dr. probably wouldn't be that close to where you are.
good luck. that's all i have to say.
AND don't rely on the IA 30 day cushion on your plates. I did that and then NV charged me for driving a non-registered car in their state (twice, b/c we have two cars...). Don't even get me started. I told them they were valid until the next month and the lady said (she was a raunch), "that's IA this is NV". I was TOTALLY bugged. GOOD LUCK!
Post a Comment