Blueberry is the name we gave our baby. Here is the story:
We told Joel's older brother and sister-in-law over Thanksgiving, because they were not going to be in MI for Christmas and we didn't know when we would see them in person again in the next nine months. So, yes it was rather early, but we appreciated all their prayers! They also did an excellent job keeping Blueberry secret until we told the rest of family and our friends. Okay, back to the story about Blueberry's name. When we told them about the baby it was about the size of a blueberry. So, the whole weekend JP would say things like "protect your blueberry", "does blueberry like this?" etc. The name stuck, so it is now called Blueberry. :)
Here are two frequently asked questions answered:
First, how are you feeling?
Blueberry is treating me very well. I have been blessed with very good genes. My mom and my sister both had pretty easy pregnancies and so far I am like that. (I had heard that some of it is genetic, so thanks mom!) I really have had no morning sickness. I have been tired though. Joel likes to call it a very efficient parasite (in a loving way). He learned that from a professor, but I have to say my little parasite hasn't been hurting me too much.
Second, are you going to find out what you are having?
Joel's response: Hello! We are having a baby.
My response: We are not going to find out the gender. We want to be surprised.
Okay, to end Joel and I are very excited. And we appreciate all your congratulations and we ask for continued prayer for this pregnancy. It was so much fun telling our families over Christmas and they were all so surprised and excited for us. (Although, my mom is a little disappointed we don't live closer. I am too, but that is one reason we have this blog!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You're strong not finding out :)
Okay so I am re-commenting because my fingers went into auto and were typing things I'm used to typing at work, not the compliments I meant!
I meant to say "I am so happy for you guys and baby Blueberry! You guys are going to be great parents. I hope to join you in that a few years from now! :) And yes, I agree, you are strong not to find out!"
For some reason my fingers said you wouldn't be great parents and I didn't meant that at ALL! You guys are great!!! So on behalf of my fingers, I apologize.
We are truly grateful to God that he's given you two great gifts...a pregnancy and no lack of sickness sometimes associated with it! Congratulations from the bottom of our hearts.
Post a Comment