Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Season Greeting's my dear blog readers. Here is the Christmas card that we sent to some family and friends. I wanted to share it with all who read our blog.

Joel took this picture last Christmas in Sagatuck, MI at the beach along Lake Michigan. It was an amazing find. We couldn't believe this was natural--actually we could, because let's face it God is a pretty amazing creator! (If you can't see it...doesn't it look like a nativity scene?!)

Because of this natural occurrence we decided to put one of Abraham Kuyper's more famous quotes on it. (The quote is also one of our favorites.) If you don't know, Abraham Kuyper is a Dutch, Calvinist theologian. If you can't read it, here is the quote:
"There is not one square inch in the whole domain of our human existence over which Christ, who is sovereign over all, does not cry: 'Mine!'"
We thought this was the perfect quote to describe what Joel found that wintery morning at the beach.

Merry Christmas to all!

I pray that during the holiday season you are filled with God's grace, peace and joy!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Now that you said it... yes it does look like a nativity scene. I was thinking teeth before, but I like your idea better. Merry Christmas to you!

Sarah DeVries said...

Wow, this is amazing. At first I thought it was a nativity scene carved out of ivory or something. And I love the Kuyper. Your card gives new meaning to "frozen chosen." :)

Christia said...

That is an incredible photo! As soon as I saw it, I knew it was a nativity scene!