Below are a few pictures from our Labor Day Weekend Adventure! Joel and I ventured up to Northwest Iowa and Sioux Falls, SD for the weekend. Our friend, AM, invited us to stay at her parents' house and go to Life Light a Christian Music Festival in Sioux Falls. On our way there, we stopped at Le Mars, IA--home of Blue Bunny Ice Cream. So, of course we had to get some ice cream! It was so tasty. From there, we stopped at AM's parents. We got food together for supper and picked up her sister Hannah and headed to SoFu for the concert. Friday night we listened to Sanctus Real and Michael W. Smith. Saturday night, we got there while Matthew West was singing and then listened to Phil Joel (formerly with Newsboys), Natalie Grant, and Casting Crowns. My favorites were Natalie Grant and Casting Crowns. It was fun. The first set of pictures were from the concert. (We met up with our friends Rick and Monique at the concert.)
The next set of pictures are from AM's parents' house. They live on a farm. It was fun to get away and spend time with a family! Joel had fun taking pictures around the yard. AM took our picture in the corn. He also got to climb up the silo. So, he had a ton of fun. I on the other hand got really nervous seeing him climb up the silo!

We came home to Des Moines on Monday. AM's mom let us have some of their tomatoes. So, we ended up making salsa that night. Here are some pictures from that adventure. It is quite spicy, because Joel added two habenero peppers plus the jalapeno peppers the recipe called for. I got to blanch and chop the tomatoes! I made Joel cut the spicy peppers and onions. It was fun.
The next set of pictures are from AM's parents' house. They live on a farm. It was fun to get away and spend time with a family! Joel had fun taking pictures around the yard. AM took our picture in the corn. He also got to climb up the silo. So, he had a ton of fun. I on the other hand got really nervous seeing him climb up the silo!

2 comments:
I like how you did your pictures!
You Guys are so cute! Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I miss hangin' with you.
Post a Comment