Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Girls' Weekend!

I know i am updating a lot lately, but I have a lot to catch up on for this summer. The weekend of July 25th I went to Chicago for a Girls' Weekend. It was so fun and so needed. I took the Amtrak there and back, which was an experience in and of itself. I met some really interesting people on the train, so that was a good thing. However, on Friday the train was four hours late to the station and on Sunday due to storms there was a coal train derailed. Fortunately, we were only an hour and half drive from Des Moines, so Joel picked me up and then we drove 40 minutes to pick my car and 40 minutes home (we drove in awful storms!!). Now that I recapped my traveling experiences let me highlight some of the things we did in Chicago. 6 out of the 7 of us could come, so it was a ton of fun seeing the majority of my mellons (I will explain this word in another post). We really didn't do anyting too exciting. We did some shopping, walked around Millenium Park, helped Melanie move into her apartment, threw Erin a baby shower, and got all dressed up for a fun dinner.
Here are some pictures:
Osceola, IA--the train station where I spent four hours on Friday morning.

Beth and I waiting in Mel's lobby.

Steph and her new hat!

Erin was tired from all the walking.

Bethany in Melanie's living/dining/bedroom.

Rebecca, Erin (and baby girl!) Stephanie and Bethany by the river.

Us at the Bean--Rebecca, Beth, Erin, Steph, Me and Mel

By the face fountain--Mel, Steph and Beth

Erin at her baby shower--we got her a video moniter set.

Waiting for Erin and Steph's train on Sunday morning.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of us all dressed up, but we all looked great! I love these girls! We missed Rebecca dearly, but God knew she was needed somewhere else that weekend. :)


1 comment:

Amy S said...

How fun with all your girlfriends! That brings me right back to high school when Terp and I would visit all you girls at school lunch hour! My how time flies!